Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thursday, May 3rd, 1967.

Tragedy in Unexpected Places

When me and Johnny got back from Dairy Queen with Dally, the church was on fire! I jumped out of the Thunderbird with Johnny right behind me. We ran to the church where there was already a crowd of people, mostly kids, one of the few adults at the sceen was screeming that a few little kids were missing, they were probably in the church. Johnnycake and I ran into the burning chruch. A man tried to stop us but he was too fat to fit through the broken window we had to use to get into the church. It was very smokey in there, and the little kids were in the back. Strangly I wasn't scared though because I don't know why. When we found the kids, we opened a window and tossed them out one by one. Once we had goten all the kids out, I leapt out myself, but Johnny, Johnny didn't quite make it.

We're all in the hospital now, me, Johnny, Dally. Dally has a pretty bad burn arm on his arm, but he'll be OK. Johnny on the other hand, he has a broken back from the piece of roof that fell on him, and alot of bad burns. Soda and Darry came to visit us, and Darry is going to take me back home, for good this time.

I realy hope Johnny and Dally are all right.

2 comments:

  1. Ben this is really good. i like how you have a lot of detail ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty intense. It really sounds like you were there. Also you put brocken window I think you ment broken

    -Cullen was here

    ReplyDelete