Monday, February 23, 2009

Friday, May 4th, 1967.

A Weary Welcome Home

We're still in the waiting room, Soda, Darry, Two-Bit and I, waiting for the report on Johnny and Dally. Every time we try to go in and see them, the nurse always sends us back to the waiting room. Soda fell asleep in my lap and I think that I fell asleep just sitting there. Then about an hour later, some news reporters and the fuzz came to question us about the murder and the burning of the church and the saving of the kids. They took lots of pictures and Soda just loved that! I think he liked it for the most part because he has never gotten his picture in the news paper before, I don't think he will get it in this time either though because he had nothing to do with the murder. It will probably be me and Johnny, if they can get a picture of the poor guy.

When the reporters and cops left, we were all very exhausted, but we didn't want to leave untill we knew how Johnny and Dally were doing. It didn't help much though, we were asleep on our feet, so the nurse sent us home. When we got home I fell asleep right there in the car and the next thing I knew, I woke up in my own bed the next morning.

I had forgoton how good a bed felt.

3 comments:

  1. You have some spelling mistakes. Like 'goten' and 'reportes'. Besides that its good ben. Good Job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work, Ben! You seem to be right on track!

    ReplyDelete