Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Saturday, May 5th, 1967.

Soc's: Finally Beaten

We had the rumble. Us Curtis brothers all put on clothes that made us look as tough as possible; tight T-Shirts. Sodapop and Darrel looked great in theirs, but all of my shirts were too big, due to the lack of food. Finally, Steve and Two-Bit showed up, Steve was first, and we were ready to go to the rumble. We all did front flips off the front porch and ran to the vacant lot. When we got there, we met up with Tim Sepherd's gang and the Brumly Boys gang. About ten minutes later, all of the Soc's piled out of their Mustangs and Corvairs and we all just stood there. Somebody asked who was going to start it. Then Darry stepped out of our greasy crowd and said he would take anybody. I was scared for him.

A Soc boy named Paul, I think, stepped up and said that he could take on Darry. Aparently Darry and Paul were on the same football team in high school. They circled around for a bit, then someone yelled, Paul threw the first punch.

It was on, I was running through the madness looking for someone small that I should be able to take. That's when I saw Dally. He was being punched by a rather large Soc. This was the kind of thing that I was here for, I jumped on that Soc's back while Dallas started laying into him real good. I got knoked over and another Soc started kicking my head in. I don't realy remember the rumble after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment